Depression2.tv
Interactive

Kudlow & Cramer - The Show Stinks

April 02, 2004

Presented by Jeff Kassel for your reading pleasure: A couple of emails to Jim Cramer about his show, and a couple of responses.

MESSAGE 1.

From: Jeff Kassel
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 11:58 PM
To: Kudlow & Cramer
Subject: The show stinks

I liked Kudlow better when he was using Coke. Viewers turn this show off. I see it, I turn it off after a few minutes.....after listening to one or two laughable lies. Both of these guys have nothing to contribute. They are both obvious hacks and need to be replaced with people that are serious. CNBC has some serious staff people that do make some sense.....but not these guys. You're losing the viewer. Maybe CNBC doesn't care about the time slot. But it's prime time. You should be running something good. Why not do a roundtable with serious people. Mix it up with people that see problems........I mean running one optimist after another is not exactly balanced.

In the last few weeks we are hearing about Social Security running out of money and needing restructuring as well as medicare.........does this suggest our economy is well run. Interest rates at historical lows that are causing the dollar to drop like a rock. What about 520 billion dollar deficits that are really more like 700 billion dollar deficits. What about China and Japan buying 250 billion of our debt. This means they have us by the balls. If they stop buying treasuries........interest rates rise and choke off this recovery.

I have wondered if Kudlow and Cramer or organizations are buying the time slot....kind of like Sue Orman....another hack.

You guys have some obligation to the viewing public. It would be nice to see wrap-ups that are more than happy talk and propaganda.

Do something about this. The show stinks. It has always stunk.

Jeff Kassel

CRAMER'S 1st RESPONSE.

From: Cramer, Jim (NBC, CNBC)
To: 'Jeff Kassel'
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 2:10 PM
Subject: RE: The show stinks

for you to say that about larry is so horrifying that i cant begin to think what kind of animal you are
jjc

MESSAGE 2.

To: Cramer, Jim (NBC, CNBC)
Cc: JeffKassel
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 9:49 PM
Subject: Cramer..one more thing

Jim Cramer,

I seem to have your attention. Four years ago I liked you as a guest on CNBC in the morning. You were a breath of fresh air. You were a nice counterpoint to the polished styles of the regular anchors. And you had something to say....it was a message that was delivered in an authentic style that was often funny and usually pretty interesting. I particularly remember your complaints about Microsoft not taking the Justice Department lawyers seriously as the anti-trust activity started. Even though you were wrong, but it was fun to listen to you. You should have been right but Microsoft won that round...they weren't so lucky in Europe. Actually, as corporate gangsterism goes, Microsoft was a junior high school player. We got into college with Enron and Adelphia and Worldcom and all the other Wall Street criminals.

But, Jim, there is a big difference between being a guest once a week for an hour, and a host every night. Plus there is the Kudlow problem. Kudlow is a smart guy...just like you...but Larry Kudlow is a mindless supplysider/propagandist who has been predicting great things for the stock market whenever there's a TV camera around. I'd love to see an accurate history of his investments because if he invests the way he suggests other invest, from 2000 to 2002 he would have lost a ton of money. Finally in 2003 Kudlow was finally right and the market did rise, but you and I both know there are all kinds of problems with an economy that's running on the interest rate cocaine promoted by the Fed.

Savers and retired people in this country are being severely punished with artificially low interest rates so government can bail out corporations that have misallocated capital. This was once a country that saved and produced things. Now we have economic engineers who think we can borrow our way to prosperity as millions of jobs are exported to police states like China. When the Japanese and Chinese decide to stop buying treasuries, you will see what will happen Kudlow's utopian, ever-expanding economy, fueled by tax cuts for millionaires and capital gains reductions.

Because I watched you in the mornings, I had high hopes for your show and I was really disappointed. I am not alone. Serious viewers are not so very impressed with shameless self-promotion and investment puffery. We used to pay our bills in this country and Republicans used to promote balanced budgets. Kudlow is a member of the "New Republican" cadre who believes that deficits approaching a trillion dollars a year represent good government policy. Maybe his mind has been twisted with all that ass kissing he and everybody else does when the words, Allen Greenspan are uttered. Greenspan....one of the worst fed governors in history who choked when it came time to take his foot off the gas. Someone should take him out behind the Federal Reserve building and give him the beating of his life for trying to wreck the world.

I'm not as smooth and sycophantic as Kudlow, nor do I share his cockeyed optimism. For most of my unremarkable life I've paid my bills, saved for retirement and worried about excessive spending for government programs that are unaffordable. Looking back on it, I suppose that makes me an idiot because you and your partner are on TV and I am not. But if I was on TV, I would not be hawking companies that are selling for 50 times earnings as national bankruptcy looms on the horizon.

Do yourself a favor and do some tough interviews on your show...give me a call when you decide to take apart some happy talking sector analyst so that after 30 seconds, sh** is running down both of their legs. People are kind of tired of bs.....aren't you?

Jeff Kassel

CRAMER'S 2nd RESPONSE.

From: Cramer, Jim (NBC, CNBC)
To: 'Jeff Kassel'
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 2:09 PM
Subject: RE: The show stinks

jeff you are really funny, especially when you beat your children
jjc

Posted by rlancaster at April 2, 2004 10:58 PM
Comments

It is important to understand that ALL the TeeVee financial shows are deliberate disinformation. Once in a while they let an honest commentator on like Jim Rodgers. But he is there as a token only.

Please do not expect any feedback to any mass media outlet to be taken seriously. I, too, regard the show as a total joke. Sadly, it is precisely what Boobus Americanus wants to hear.

Posted by: Tennessean at April 4, 2004 02:04 AM

Cramer is extremely annoying to watch. I can stand about 10 minutes of him max before switching channels.

Posted by: chub at April 4, 2004 03:26 PM

Kudlow is even more annoying than Cramer... like a financial Rush Limbaugh

And no I'm not a 'liberal' but a registered Republican since 1978. What is being called 'conservatism' today does not even compute with me.

Boobus Americanus is headed for a big fall, and he's too stupid and greedy to notice the hints.

Posted by: it's over at April 5, 2004 07:02 AM

Kudlow has had "fill in" days for Bob Brinker "Moneytalk", a syndicated money radio talk show. I thought someone put a hallucinogenic in my Arrowhead water this past weekend. Kudlow puffed Greenspin's dumb moves, the markets, inflation, March's fiction job report, etc... I read that Kudlow is a big player in the Republican party, which I left this year. Corportists are running this country into the ground, not to mention Bush's love affair with Fox (IMHO).

Posted by: observer at April 5, 2004 10:18 PM

Regarding Cramer, he's like fingernails on the chalkboard. How on earth did these two get so far! They are the National Enquirer of Finance. Bob Brinker has gone in the same direction. Brinker has called the market right in the past, but now I'm not so sure I trust him. He's a total corportist, new age Republican these days, IMHO.

Posted by: Observer at April 5, 2004 10:27 PM

corprotist-sorry-didn't check spelling until now

Posted by: Observer at April 5, 2004 10:37 PM

Anybody who watched any financial observer on TV gets what they deserve. I can count on 3 fingers the number of real economists reporting data. Likewise, I can count on zero fingers the number of financial "experts" who report anything real.

The truth of the matter is that they are hired actors by the network, and their boss tells them what to say (not exact words, but ideas to promote an agenda, whatever that may be).

Conservative? Liberal? No such thing. All that's left are propaganda people who support a position to keep their high paying job. Imagine Kudlow predicting bad futures for the market. He'd be fired in a second.

I second what Tennessean says. Most Americans want to sit on their behinds and live the "Demolition Man" lifestyle of thinking happy happy joy joy thoughts. They don't want to hear about negativenews that will affect their $ and cause them to get up and do something about it.

Posted by: Guy Incognito at April 21, 2004 08:54 PM